Since the Orange Show Center for Visionary Art's inception, the organization has worked to raise awareness about the rich history of community murals and the importance of their presence in Houston's predominately Hispanic East End neighborhood. Beginning in 1996, we began to take a more active role in the creation of local murals with the Mural Arts Project, or MAP. Since that time it has initiated, inspired and instructed work on a wide range of projects throughout the city.
MAP includes activities in community dialogues, graffiti abatement efforts, gang prevention activities, restoration, initiation, documentation and promotion of murals and other public art projects that make a city-wide impact on neighborhood at a time.
Funding levels range from $15,000+
Funders will receive tailored benefits related to community outreach, branding and hospitality.
Funding recognition and promotional opportunities:
- Acknowledgement on Orange Show Center for Visionary Art printed materials
- Recognition placement on Orange Show Educational Outreach pages on website as well as link (130,000 unique visitors per month).
- Funder mention included in 5,000 printed postcards promoting Orange Show Center for Visionary Art events each season series.
- Funder mention included in eNewseltter to database of 7,000.
- Social media mentions on Facebook and Twitter (10,000+ fans and followers).