Over 15,000 people have explored visionary and folk art sites in southeast Texas and beyond through our award-winning tours which educate and entertain. Texas Monthly called them "one of the top 50 things all Texans should do," and the city of Houston promotional materials often list them as one of the top ten "things to do in Houston."
The Orange Show Center for Visionary Art's Eyeopener Tours cut across racial and cultural boundaries, allowing visitors and residents to experience this wonderful, culturally diverse city in a way that few people do. For example, the Eyeopener Tour: Places of Worship takes groups to visit the Guandi Temple, inspired by the vision of Charle Loi Ngo and his wife Carolyn after they were almost killed during a robbery of their Fifth Ward grocery store. Other tours feature the exciting and unheralded Houston Zydeco scene, or a trip to the Mojave Desert to experience Salvation Mountain, a three-storied visionary art environment built by one man out of hand-mixed adobe.
Eyeopener Tours let people experience first-hand the richly artistic and culturally diverse landscape of Houston and beyond.
Funding levels range from $600 to $1200 per event
Funders will receive tailored benefits related to community outreach, branding and hospitality.
Funding recognition and promotional opportunities:
- Acknowledgement on Orange Show Center for Visionary Art printed materials
- Prominent placement on Orange Show Eyeopener Tours pages on website as well as link (130,000 unique visitors per month).
- Funder mention included in 5,000 printed postcards promoting Orange Show Center for Visionary Art events each season series.
- Funder mention included in eNewseltter to database of 7,000.
- Social media mentions on Facebook and Twitter (10,000+ fans and followers).
- Funder "presents" to appear on Eyeopener Tour printed program.
- Funder may use these events to distribute information about products and services.