Welcome to the 2016 Houston Art Car Parade Entry!
BUT FIRST! Please read the information below...
For 2016 we have switched over our entry form to CallForEntry.org. This system allows us to keep all of the entries better organized, allowing us to produce the lineup more efficiently!
Below is a very detailed step-by-step process in order to complete and submit your application. Should you have any questions in regards to entering, feel free to call the Orange Show at 713.926.6368 or email Kat Mims at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**If you are a CORPORATE or NON-PROFIT ENTRY, please contact Jonathan Beitler at email@example.com. There are additional fees for these entries.**
Please note: ALL ENTRIES including CORPORATE, NON-PROFIT, YOUTH GROUPS/SCHOOLS, SKATE AND BIKE GROUPS, and INDIVIDUAL ARTISTS must complete this application and pay the non-refundable $35 application fee.
- If you already have a username and password through CallForEntry.org, login to your account and skip to step 6
- If you do not have a username and password, CLICK HERE
- Click through to register, and then accept the terms and conditions.
- Fill out all the required fields on the following page including creating your own username and password (the bolded fields are REQUIRED fields).
- Click "Register Now" and you will be directed to a page informing you that your have successfully created your account.
- Now click on "Continue to Login" and you may be asked to re-enter your login information again.
- On the screen you should see a green bar - click on "My Portfolio"
- Upload all of the images of your entry - YOU MUST UPLOAD AT LEAST 3 IMAGES PER ENTRY, but you may upload as many more as you like. If you are entering multiple entries, upload images of each entry. (NOTE: There are limits on file sizes and types for upload - specifically you may ONLY upload a JPEG/JPG image, and it must be at least 1920 pixels on the longest side. If you need help on resizing images, CLICK HERE)
- You must provide a description of each image - including "Artwork Title" (the name of your entry) and "Medium" (basically what it is - car, bicycle, contraption, etc.)
- The Height/Width/Depth and Price fields are arbitrary and we do not need that information, however you must put a field in there in order to submit it. Please put a simple 1 in each of those fields.
- Enter the year in which your entry was completed. If it is not yet completed enter 2016.
- The other fields that are not bolded do not need to be entered.
- You may also upload video should you want to show a performance element to your entry.
- Once you have uploaded all of your images / video to your Portfolio, click on "My Profile" in the green bar, and confirm that all of your information is correct.
- Now that you've set up your profile, click on "Apply To Calls" in the green bar.
- The easiest way to find the Houston Art Car Parade call for entries is to type in Houston Art Car Parade in the Keyword search field. This will result in only one call - ours!
- Click on the orange link that says "Apply to this Call"
- Read through the Agreement, and click "Yes, I Agree"
- You will now be directed to the 2016 Houston Art Car Parade Entry page
- Fill out all of the required fields.
- The images you have uploaded to you Portfolio will appear at the bottom. Choose AT LEAST 3, BUT NO MORE THAN 6 of them that you would like to submit. (NOTE: If you are submitting multiple entries, you will need to fill out a separate application per entry, so only choose images of one entry per entry submitted)
- Click "Save Application"
- On the next page, choose the category that you are applying under for that entry - you must choose the category for each image.
- Click "Save Category Choices"
- Now click on "View Preview" and review your application to make sure everything is correct. If you have any changes that need to be made click "Back to Entry." If you are confident everything is correct click "Checkout."
- On the Checkout page click the box next to the $35 fee, then click "Re-Calculate"
- Choose to pay via Visa/Mastercard or Check then click "Proceed to Checkout"
- If you are paying by credit card, fill out your credit card information and then click "Submit Payment."
- If you are paying by check, enter the check number you are sending and then click "Submit Payment." You will then be directed to a page that will provide you with the address to send your check to. NOTE: We must receive your check by March 1, 2016.
- If you are entering an additional entry into the parade, go back to "Apply to Calls" in the green bar and start the process again (back up to step 16).
- If that's your only entry, then CONGRATULATIONS YOU'RE DONE! You will receive a confirmation email alerting you of your payment or your pending payment.
Hopefully this step-by-step will be helpful in completed your application for the 2016 Houston Art Car Parade! Again, if you have any questions or concerns you may call the Orange Show at 713.926.6368 or email Kat Mims at firstname.lastname@example.org.